125g unsalted butter
90g golden syrup
90g demerara sugar
250g rolled oats (organic if available)
25g golden millet seeds
25g sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Grease a baking tin with butter (approx 200x200mm)
3. Gently melt butter in a saucepan and stir in butter syrup and sugar. Stir continuously to create a smooth consitency.
4. Add in the oats and seeds and mix together.
5. Transfer the mixture to the greased baking tray, press down to make an even sheet about 15mm thick.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
8. Score into squares (50x50mm or whatever size you prefer).
9. Leave to cool for further 30 minutes then cut the flapjacks along the scored lines.
10. Store in an airtight container once cold.