150g low fat soft cheese
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tbsp mixed fresh herbs: oregano, basil, thyme (or half the amount if using dried herbs)
1 tsp chilli powder (more or less to preference)
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 skinless chicken breasts
4 slices Serrano ham (or Palma ham if preferred)
4 sprigs rosemary
1 tsp olive oil
1. Mix the soft cheese with the lemon zest and the crushed garlic.
2. Fold in the mixed herbs, chilli and black peppers.
3. Cut a slit into each chicken breast and stuff with the soft cheese mixture.
4. Place a spring of rosemary on each breast and wrap the ham tightly round the stuffed chicken breasts.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry each chicken breast for 2 minutes on each side to brown the chicken taking care not to unwrap the ham.
6. Add the lemon juice and cook for another minute.
7. Place the chicken into a roasting dish in a preheated oven (Gas 4, 180C or 160C fan oven) and cook for 30-40minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve with green salad, rice or sauté potatoes