500g chicken breast (cut lengthways if large), approz 8 small breast fillets
3 tbsp olive oil (or sunflower if preferred)
1 large onion diced
1 garlic clove chopped finely
1 red chilli chopped finely (optional)
2 peppers (any two from red, yellow, orange or green)
2 tbsp fresh marjoram (or 0.5 teaspoon dried)
1 tbsp tomato puree
200ml chicken stock
1x 400g tin of white kidney beans drained and rinsed in a sieve or colander (butter beans or borlotti beans as alternative)
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper or cayenne pepper
100g mange toout
1. Heat the oil together in a deep frying pan and gently fry the onions until they start to brown. (If you don't have a large deep pan fry the pork in batches first and transfer to an ovenproof casserole then cook the remaining ingredients as below.)
3. Add the chicken and fry on all sides until until for five minutes.
4. Add the pepers, chilli and garlic and continue to fry for three minutes.
5. Add the majoram, tomato puree and stir in the stock; bring to the boil.
6. Add the drained beans, sprinkle over the peeper then simmer with a lid on for an hour.
7 Add the mange tout and simmer for another ten minutes.
8. Serve with or without rice accompaniment.