4 large chicken breasts (sliced into approx 5cm x 2cm pieces)
Oil for frying (olive, sunflower or groundnut as preferred)
1 organic chicken stock cube
200ml creamed coconut
Green curry paste
200g mangetout or snowpeas
1. Fry the chicken, in as little oil as possible, until cooked on all sides and starting to brown, about 15 minutes. (If cooking the chicken results in a lot of liquid it won't go brown.)
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and discard any liquid.
3. Wipe the pan, add a small amount of oil, heat (medium high) and add the freshly made green curry paste. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring to ensure it doesn't stick.
4. Crumble in the chicken stock cube and stir.
5, Return the chicken to the pan and stir well to coat the chicken with the paste. Cook for two or three minutes.
6. Add the creamed coconut, stir in well. Turn up the heat to ensure the pan starts to boil then turn it down to medium low and cover and allow to cook for at least 40 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure it isn't sticking.
7. Stir in the mangetout/snow peas and leave to cook for 5–10 minutes. The peas should be cooked but still slightly crunchy.
8. Serve with Thai fragrant rice (or whatever else you prefer).